Current Opportunities in the area
MagnaCare looking for a .Net Developer
MagnaCare is searching for a developer to convert 10 pages of C#.net to vb.net.
If interested please contact:
Back to top
Senior .Net Web Developers
MagnaCare seeks two .Net developers for their Westbury, NY location.
Department: Information Technology
Location: Westbury, NY
The Web Developer is expected to be well versed in all facets of analytical and technical processes from requirements gathering through programming and implementation.
- Support, enhancement and development work on a core custom developed VB.Net, ASP.net, C# applications and coding interfaces between numerous existing applications.
- Work directly with end users to determine requirements.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Expert-level expertise with ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, preferably in an enterprise environment.
- Strong command of the ASP.NET Page and Control models and lifecycles.
- Expert-level competency in C# and VB.NET.
- Strong understanding of the IIS 6.0+ pipeline, server configuration.
- Expert-level expertise with Microsoft SQL, stored procedures and data modeling.
- Experience with large-scale applications in a leadership role.
- Broad experience with different .NET Framework versions (1.1 - 4.5).
- Demonstrable experience developing solution architecture.
- Leadership experience throughout the software lifecycle.
- A minimum 4+ years of recent hands-on experience programming in .NET projects is required.
Technical Skills Desired:
- Knowledge of various networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, LDAP, HTTP, PDF, FTP and SSH.
- Experience using regular expressions.
- Experience using Windows Vista/7 workstations.
- Strong command of OOP, architecture design, and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Paper Clip infrastructure.
- Prior experience developing or maintaining Health Care related systems is highly desired.
Vice President, Technology
Chief Information Officer
1600 Stewart Ave, Ste 700
Westbury, NY 11590
Back to top
Senior .Net and SQL Developer Position
At Pariveda Solutions we focus on The Business of IT®, helping our clients improve their bottom line through information technology strategy and solutions. Our goal is to be the #1 privately held IT consulting firm in the world, striving to build long-term relationships with clients where partnership is a centerpiece. Our mission is to incubate, develop and deploy world-class talent in service to our clients.
The position requires the following:
• Three to seven years of consulting or related experience
• Experience as a team lead or senior developer
• Significant and recent development experience with Microsoft .NET (C#/VB.NET) and SQL Server
• Experience in funds, with knowledge of trading, operational processes, different asset types, fund positions, etc. is a plus
• Experience working with clients or customers
• Experience with multiple phases of the SDLC
• Ability to read and understand technical documents written in English, with good communication skills on email and phone conferences
• Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other Pariveda software developers
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Comparable major
• Legally authorized to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship
Pariveda Solutions offers a competitive base salary and a complete benefits package including profit sharing, 401K with a 4% match, company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision and life and concierge service. This is an exciting opportunity to help build our fast growing national consulting company, your career, as well as the careers of others. To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please contact National Recruiting Manager, Scott Hajer, at (312) 902-5700.
Back to top
Summer Intern - Programmer
Sio Capital Management, LLC is an investment management firm based in
New York. The firm’s objective is to invest capital in a global, healthcarefocused portfolio and deliver above average returns over the long-term.
Job description: We are looking for a summer intern to help build a datadriven quantitative model.
• Build SQL database
• Implement data update procedures
• Create an application to manipulate stored data
• Have good knowledge of table and stored procedure design, database
triggers, and complex SQL queries, Data Transformation Services, and
SQL Server 2005/2008
• Knowledge of Visual Basic (MS Visual Studio 2008)
This role is for a driven individual looking to take initiative and ownership
of this database project; collaborate with the team and bring ideas and
technical experience to the table. This is an unpaid summer internship
that has an opportunity to turn into a longer-term internship/part/full-time
position based on the outcome and the firm’s needs.
Please contact: email@example.com
Back to top
Entry level programmer position at AccountantsWorld
A 20-year industry veteran located in Hauppauge, NY, AccountantsWorld is a leader in cloud computing solutions for accountants. Our flagship award-winning products include web-based accounting and payroll solutions for accountants that allow accountants and their clients to work collaboratively. Please visit www.AccountantsWorld.com to learn more about our products and services.
The position requires the following:
· BS in Computer Science or related field
· Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming
· 2-4 years of experience in VB.Net , Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL and stored procedures
· Desire to learn new technologies
· Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
· A plus: work experience in ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, AJAX, Unit Testing, WCF, XML
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
AccountantsWorld offers a competitive base salary and a complete benefits package including comprehensive Health and Dental insurance, a 401K plan with company matching, Tuition Reimbursement and more. Most importantly, we provide a congenial yet highly challenging work environment that is conducive to personal and professional growth. For consideration, please submit your resume with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 631-232-3481. EOE
Back to top
Senior .Net Developer
Senior .Net Developer with a minimum of 3 years experience in OO technologies and multi-tier web-based applications with strong .Net framework (3.5 preferable) skills including C# and ASP.NET. A thorough understanding of Microsoft's patterns and practices for the .NET Platform and tools are essential.
· At least 3 years experience working as a senior software engineer using the .NET framework including C# and ASP.NET.
· An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of MVC and the Windows Workflow Foundation.
· Strong knowledge and experience with formal and full SDLC.
· Demonstrated experience with OOA/D/P, UML, and design of use/test cases.
· Hands-on experience in developing application-tier classes/methods/functions and Web Services using C# and ASP.NET.
· Experienced in the development of data-driven multi-tier applications.
· Skilled in use of PL/SQL in Oracle 10g/11g.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or MCTS 3.5 certification with at least 1 year experience on .NET 3.5 preferred.
Managing Director/Senior Recruiter
An IT Recruiting Company
Back to top
Senior .Net Developer at SkiSafe Insurance
Position: SkiSafe Insurance, a recreational marine insurance company in Lake Success, NY with a supportive & congenial environment, is looking for a senior .NET developer to expand and maintain the company’s systems and online presence. Candidates should be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, a bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field and several years of relevant experience that includes:
Object-Oriented Design & Concepts
XML, SQL, IIS and web services integration.
Compensation/Benefits: Competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, LTD, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing and flex accounts.
Contact: Interested candidates should contact Assif Versano with a copy of their resume at email@example.com
Back to top
Asp.net web developer with database skills
SeaEagle.com, a growing ecommerce company based in Port Jefferson, is looking for a well rounded developer to work on customer facing sites and internal applications. A small company environment requires big-picture thinking combined with detail oriented work.
- Four year college degree required
- 2 years of professional development
Overall responsibilites include continual development and maintence of:
- Two customer facing asp.net c# websites
- Intranet web applications
- Sql Server Reporting Services reports
- Good working knowledge of SQL syntax and database theory
- Solid programming skills in C#.net, preferably .net 4.0
- Web Forms experience required
- Data access through ADO.NET, stored procedures and LINQ
- Unit testing with NUnit
- CSS styling and positioning
- Sql Server Reporting Services report design
- Sql Server Integration Services
- VMWare vSphere
- Pay will be competitive and proportional to experience
- Full medical benefits
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
Robert Half Technology is a division of Robert Half International (RHI), the world's largest specialized staffing firm. RHI was ranked #1 in our industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies." We are currently seeking an experienced developer with a minimum of 5+ years experience for a long-term contract opportunity. Our client is a rapidly growing technology organization seeking a Silverlight Developer with experience in the following areas: Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 and/or 4.0; designing and implementing Silverlight applications; designing and implementing services to support Silverlight clients; proficiency in accessing data from SQL Server 2008 databases in support of Silverlight services. JSP would be a plus. For immediate consideration please contact Richard.Baker@rht.com
or call 516-357-2506.
Back to top
.Net Web Developer Consultant at Hedgehog Development
Hedgehog Development is a dynamic company that provides custom software application development and professional services to a wide array of clients including mid-market as well as Fortune 100 firms. We distinguish ourselves by specializing in custom .NET development, Visual Studio Team System implementations, SQL Server development, SharePoint 2007 implementations and customizations and Sitecore Web Content Management web site development. When you become an employee of Hedgehog, you will enhance your technical knowledge base in a variety of ways and have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating projects.
Hedgehog Development seeks .NET Developers who have experience developing applications for the Web. Showcase your talent in a leading-edge atmosphere working on projects for mid-market and Fortune 100 firms.
- Hedgehog wins Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Application Development
- Hedgehog wins 3rd Consecutive Customer Satisfaction Award from Microsoft
- Hedgehog client wins Sitecore North American Site of the Year
- Hedgehog client wins Sitecore North American Media Site of the Year
- Hedgehog named a Sitecore Technology Partner
- Hedgehog employee named a Sitecore Most Valuable Professional
Salary: $50,000 - $95,000
Location: Holbrook, NY
We take pride in the culture we’ve formed as a company. Our work environment at Hedgehog is business casual. While always professional, we believe in allowing our employees to express themselves in a way that fosters a fun and productive environment. From day one you’ll feel as though you’re a fully integrated part of the Hedgehog team. You will find the employees of Hedgehog all have similar characteristics, which contribute to our success here: They’re enthusiastic and passionate about what they do, always ready and eager to help one another, and are always striving to exceed our customers’ expectations every time by delivering the best service possible.
Comprehensive medical plan
Pre-tax retirement savings plan (401K) with company match
Flexible Spending Account
Company paid holidays
Generous Time Off Policy for vacation, "life events," training, etc.
Bonus Incentive Programs - performance based as well as for attaining additional Microsoft certifications
Recognizes growth opportunities within existing customer relationships, and facilitates necessary actions to promote new projects
Assists in the deployment of applications
Collaborates with the Senior Developers to ensure that assigned tasks are completed on time or ahead of schedule
Develops custom web based software solutions for clients based upon their business requirements
Works as a cooperative team member, contributing in the exchange of ideas and the organization and completion of responsibilities for the team in a timely manner
Exercises independent thinking and self-directed management in our autonomous environment
Maintains a well-organized work environment, effectively managing both time and prioritization of tasks
Takes part in the development of test plans and the writing of unit tests
Proficiently multitasks between daily requests, small independent projects and team member responsibilities on larger projects
Travels as necessary to accommodate customer and or project related needs
Efficiently adapts to new technology and applies best practices for usage and implementation
Engages in pre-sales customer interactions as necessary, to assist with project planning and the closing of sales
Some of the tools provided to ensure your success at Hedgehog include:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner benefits including live training, webcasts and/or e-learning, access to industry white papers and other resources
- Access to and use of the latest and greatest in software, hardware and communications tools
- A resource team of peers, each possessing 5-10+ years of industry experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following technical skills:
Programming C#, with a working knowledge of the .NET Framework
Understanding of database-structured applications, including designing of databases
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or higher
Experience working with XML & XSLT, particularly within Microsoft.NET
Experience with AJAX
A candidate can differentiate themselves by possessing the following technical skills:
SDLC experience with Visual Studio Team System
Experience with virtualization such as Microsoft Virtual Server or Microsoft Hyper-Visor
Content Management experience in Sitecore, Microsoft CMS, Ektron, CMS400.NET, or MOSS 2007
*Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
*Local candidates only, no relocation (Greater New York City area)
*No third party applications
Hedgehog Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications and requirements, please forward your resume along with your salary requirements and availability to email@example.com
Back to top